Natalie McKenna, MBA (Exec), MBus (Business & Law), MAICD, MPRIA
I am a lecturer in media and communication. I am head of discipline in strategic communication at La Trobe University in Melbourne, Australia. I teach across the Bachelor and Master of Media and Communication. My undergraduate teaching areas are in social media, communication campaigns and in the Masters program I teach social media practice for journalists.
My PhD research is on self marketing strategies and digital impression management in business leaders.
Speaking engagements and media
I am an experienced speaker and regularly present at conferences and in the media. My expertise is in public relations, social media, image and impression management, self marketing, gender issues and female career advancement.
I am the founder and director of Regeneration Media, a communications agency specialising in publicity relations, digital strategy, image and branding, media training and social media. We specialise in branding individuals and training clients in presentation skills for TV, radio and conferences. We help individuals and organisations create a brand of influence. We currently have clients in Australia, The Netherlands, France, Vietnam, Singapore and New Zealand. We’ve worked with television networks, actors, politicians, corporate executives, and entrepreneurs. We work across multiple industries such as entertainment, hospitality, fitness and medical. If you want to raise your profile, reposition yourself, your business or develop your personal brand, we can help.
Link to www.regenerationunlimited.com.au
I’m predominately a qualitative researcher with a special interest in content analysis, interviews and grounded theory. Integrated scholarship is important to me and my research, teaching and practice is well aligned. My research interests are social media, self-marketing, impression management and online identity, celebrity and social media, branding and social media for journalists.
Public relations; social media; digital media; Instagram; Twitter; Facebook; internet communications and online identity; impression management; personal branding; self marketing; verbal and non verbal communication; vocal pitch and diction of female business leaders; advertising and publicity; Image-creation; PR campaigns; gender.
- PhD (in progress) – RMIT, School of Economics, Fin & Marketing
- Master of Business (Research) – RMIT, Graduate School Business & Law
- Master of Business Administration – RMIT, Graduate School Business & Law
- Cert IV in Training & Assessment -Actors College of Theatre & TV
- Certificate in Radio Broadcasting – Vaughan Harvey Radio School
- Bachelor of Arts – University of Adelaide
- Course development and coordination
- Writing for publication
- Conference presentation
- Integrated scholarship
- Industry experience in and media and communications
- Community engagement
Public relations skills:
- Public relations, brand development & profile building
- Developing & implementing communications, business & marketing plans
- Content creation, editing and management
- Marketing communications and managing external agencies
- Developing strategies for audience engagement in both old & new media
- Social media profile development and management
- Public Relations Institute of Australia
- Australian Institute of Company Directors